My Grandma Rena loved to walk. The summer days we spent with her in Washington always included long walks. Sometimes we walked around the neighborhood. Sometimes we walked in a local park. Sometimes we walked by the ocean. These were great walks, filled with stories, conversions, and laughter.
It has been a beautiful day in Nashville and a walk was a must. As soon as we arrived home from church, I put on my sneakers, plugged in my ipod, hooked up the dog and was off. The thing about these walks is that it's not about how fast you go or how long. It's about the walk. I decided to just head in one direction and go where the spirit moved. I guess I could call it a walk...from scratch :) Mel and I walked through our neighborhood, new neighborhoods, a park, and even by a river (nothing like the ocean, but Mel appreciated a swim). These kinds of walks are good for my soul...I believe Grandma Rena would agree.
The best part of my walk...when I arrived back home, I walked past my mailbox and saw tulips and daffodils sprouting out of the ground!
Sounds wonderful!! :-) What river did you walk to??
ReplyDelete#1 - cannot wait to walk the beach in march
ReplyDelete#2 - i walked yesterday too, barefoot, for 4 miles. i am paying for it today. shopping with me may or may not be whine-filled.
#3 - i love your blog.
My beloved great-grandmother ALWAYS had a walk... I love this! At her funeral I had them play "Million Miles" by Patty Griffin. It's just a song saying basically "I must a walked a million miles..." and on and on describing things that you did in your life. I'll send you the track!
ReplyDeleteWhenever I walk now I think of her....
Walking outside....flowers... JEALOUS!
ReplyDelete