Monday, February 14, 2011

My Valentine

If anyone could say that their relationship was made from scratch, I would say it's Tony's and mine. I mean seriously, we met in 5th grade and had to build our relationship on the basics...addding a little bit at a time. He was my middle school crush, my high school heartbreak, my college romance, and now my forever partner in life. Thanks for every step along the way Tony...I love you!!!

And here's my attempt to make a Valentine's Day inspired dish. Tonight I made whipped SWEET potatoes :)

2 Sweet Potatoes (peeled and sliced into equal sized chunks)
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup half and half
1 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp Cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg

Steam potatoes along with above ingredients until soft (15-20 minutes)

Add
2 Tbls Butter
2 Tbls half and half (or more if potatoes seem dry)
Salt and Pepper as desired

Whip with electric mixer and enjoy!!

1 comment:

  1. YUM! I'll have to try this recipe! Also, I love reading your blog and I'm so glad you started it! :-)

    ReplyDelete