Saturday, February 12, 2011

My Favorite

I had a coworker once who was shocked when I told her "yes, you can make chocolate chip cookies from scratch!" I can't imagine only eating cookies that come from a tube, tub or package! Cookies were the first thing I remember baking with my mom, the first thing my mom let me bake all on my own, and cookies still are the first thing I turn to when I have an itch to create in the kitchen! My favorite...chocolate chip. It's a classic, in this case a Betty Crocker classic, and the recipe has been ingrained in my memory from the age of 10.

2/3 cup Crisco
1 stick of Imperial
1 cup white sugar
1 cup brown sugar (packed)
2 eggs
2 tsp Vanilla
Mix ingredients above then add...
3 cups flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
Mix altogether and add...
Chocolate Chips to taste (I use about half a bag)

Drop cookie dough onto baking sheets (not greased)
Bake 8-10 minutes at 375 degrees.

Enjoy...off to bake some cookies!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment